The Sava Diploma in Residential Surveying is a part-time, vocational qualification that offers a route into residential property and housing.
If you are thinking about a career change or adding to your portfolio of products, the diploma could be the perfect transition into a fulfilling and well-respected career. It is ideal for those already working within the construction industry as you will already have a wealth of knowledge upon which to build, and there are no formal entry requirements.
The programme can be completed in two years and most learners dedicate 10-15 hours each week to studying – carrying it out alongside their full-time job. Training is delivered via a mix of face-to-face and online learning.
It is a robust Level 6 Diploma that is Ofqual regulated and recognised by the Residential Property Surveyors Association (RPSA) and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE). Successful graduates have used the Diploma in Residential Surveying to:
- Join a surveying firm offering surveys and other services for homebuyers and sellers
- Expand the services they offer to their existing client base
- Work with a housing provider to undertake stock condition surveys or void inspections – you will have a deep understanding of construction and building pathology
- To set up their own surveying practice (RPSA can provide guidance and support for people wishing to be self-employed)
- To convert into residential surveying from within a related career in the built environment, for instance as a QS or commercial property surveyor
Who is Sava?
Sava provide training and qualifications for new entrants to join the residential surveying profession, as well as supporting existing surveyors in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Diploma in Residential Surveying and Valuation
- Certificate in Residential Valuation
- Diploma in Residential Surveying
- Identifying Invasive Non-Native Plants
- Law and Management of Invasive Non-Native Plants