“There is a cap on how much [councils] can borrow against their housing revenue account assets to fund new developments. Solving the housing crisis is the biggest domestic policy challenge of our generation. It doesn’t make sense to stop councils from playing their part in solving it. So today I can announce that we are scrapping that cap. We will help you get on the housing ladder. And we will build the homes this country needs”
PM’s Speech at the Conservative Party Conference (October 2018)
Exclusive subscriber 20% discount code: HDS4PUB
At a time when the housing crisis is at the top of the political agenda, this high-profile conference will bring together the leaders in the UK housing sector, who will share their insights on the future of the UK housing market and facilitate a dialogue on how to reach the government’s target of 300,000 new houses each year.
With a keynote address from Kit Malthouse MP, Minister of State for Housing, The 3rd Annual UK Housing Delivery Summit is set to be one of the most influential events in the Housing industry.
You will hear some of the most pressing themes impacting the UK Housing market today, including:
- The future of the UK Housing Market – How can we accelerate delivery?
- The latest updates from councils after the recent announcements on scrapping the cap – what will the impact be on house building and over what time frame?
- The role of infrastructure as a forward delivery mechanism
- Structuring schemes to ensure effective delivery – what will housing look like over the next 30 years?
- Financing housing and attracting institutional investors
Find out more or register at https://www.cityandfinancialconferences.com/housingdelivery19
For any enquiries please email Paul Hooper at email@example.com